The Peninsula is a gated, country club community 5 miles west of the Atlantic coast, on the north shore of the Indian River Bay in Delaware. While ocean beaches and other attractions are easily accessible to residents of this 800-acre community, you’ll find that you have access to a variety of world class amenities without leaving home. Delaware’s first private Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course winds through the community, but you don’t have to be a golfer to enjoy life here. The Peninsula lifestyle is pampered, and can be as relaxed or active as you choose.
In addition to golf, the array of world class amenities includes:
- Clubhouse with dining room, full service bar, wine room, mens’ and ladies’ locker rooms and lounges, pro shop, turn kitchen, golf simulator, billiard and card rooms, bocce ball, large patio area with fire pit, outdoor dining and social areas.
- Athletic club with fully equipped fitness center, aerobics and yoga room, locker rooms with showers and saunas, spa services, heated indoor pool & hot tub, heated outdoor pool and hot tub, wave pool with man-made sandy beach, tennis center with both hard-surface and Har-Tru courts, pickleball courts, basketball court, snack bar and tiki bar. Fitness classes and personal training are available. The club also has a kids’ activities room, and a calendar of organized activities for kids. An additional pool complex is under construction to open for summer of 2023.
- Many clubs within the club: canasta, mahjong, bridge, hearts, pinochle, chess, and the wine club are just a sampling!
- Summer swimming and golf camps.
- Terrace Grille serving casual meals poolside and indoors.
- Private bay beach with rental stand-up paddle boards and kayaks available.
- Nature Center with picnic tables, fireplace, boardwalk and kayak launch.
- Miles and miles of walking and biking trails.
- Dog park.
- Community post office.
The Peninsula Community Association (the PCA) and the Peninsula Golf & Country Club offer a variety of activities and events within and outside the community throughout the year. The Club is managed by Troon Golf, and reserve members in the Club have the benefit of access to many other Troon-managed courses around the US and the world.
Residents of The Peninsula are members of the Peninsula Golf & Country Club and may join at their choice of three membership levels.
The PCA provides a number of services to homeowners, from lawn & landscaping maintenance to Verizon FIOS Internet & TV programming. Homeowners may also be a members of a condo association, which provides insurance and possibly additional services – this varies by property type and location.
Nearby Rehoboth Beach is known as the Nation’s Summer Capital because of its popularity as a destination for Washington DC area residents. Both Rehoboth and historic Lewes, the First Town in the First State, offer great choices for beach, shopping, and dining destinations. Boating is popular in Coastal Delaware as well, with numerous marinas for those who own their own vessels, an active subscription-type boat club for those who’d prefer be the captain but leave the upkeep to someone else, and scheduled boat tour services for those of us who just want to sit back and enjoy the ride.